May 11-15 is National Bike to Work Week, a time when everyone has the chance to ride their bikes to work, even if it’s just part of the way. To celebrate, Georgia Commute Options and other organizations across metro Atlanta to host events that introduce biking to newcomers, encourage new ridership, and reward those already riding their bikes to and from work.
If you want to get involved in Bike to Work Day (May 15) in the metro Atlanta region, check out these opportunities near you:
- Akers Mill Energizer Station: Celebrate National Bike to Work Day on May 15 from 7 to 9 a.m. in partnership with the Cumberland CID and Bike Cobb.
- Recreation Center Energizer Station: Grab pastries, coffee, water, and breakfast bars along with cool bike gear giveaways on May 15 from 7 to 10 a.m.
- Third Friday Decatur Fun Ride: Meet at the Decatur Recreation Center on May 15 at 6:30 p.m. for a ride with other bike buddies. The ride will be followed by a visit to a local pub or restaurant for refreshments.
- Woodruff Park Reading Room Energizer Station: Grab high-fives and some grub on the way to the office as a reward for cycling to work between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. on May 15. Find out more here.
- Fix-a-Flat: Snyder Cycles will be parked in front of 55 Park Place to give Fix-a-Flat and bike cleaning/chain lubing lessons from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on May 15. Find out more here.
- Colony Square Energizer Station: Join Midtown Transportation on Friday, May 15 in front of Colony Square at 14th and Peachtree Street for coffee and bagels between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. Find out more here.
Did you know that every mile you drive alone costs $0.59 per mile? This adds up to thousands a year! Riding your bike to work can keep that money in your pocket — along with reducing air pollution and fighting traffic congestion. See how much you’re spending with our Commute Calculator here!
Happy Early Bike to Work Week!
Victoria is the Junior Communications Specialist for the Georgia Commute Options team - helping out with writing, editing, and maintaining all our important deadline schedules. She's a big fan of carpooling and Reese's. Want to get in touch with Victoria? Click here.