Telework is the go-to commute option for more than 600,000 metro Atlanta commuters and hundreds of Georgia employers. With half of smog-forming emissions coming from the tailpipes of cars, telework reduces air pollution outright by eliminating commute trips. From August 19-23, 2013, we will recognize and celebrate Georgia Telework Week. What can you do to show your support?
- As an individual, you can pledge your support at GaCommuteOptions.com/WeTelework. Employers and organizations can pledge their support here.
- Encourage your boss to attend one of the local seminars on telework for insight into best practices. The Gwinnett Area Summit is taking place on Tuesday, August 20 at the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce. The Perimeter Area Summit will be held at the Intercontinental Hotels Group Headquarters on Thursday, August 22. Both events are from 8am to 10am.
- Log your commute, or lack thereof. During Georgia Telework Week, you are entered to win $25 prizes every day you telework. This is in addition to the monthly $25 prizes you are eligible to win.
- There is a quarterly program to recognize telemanagers that have demonstrated support and leadership for telework programs within their organization. Employees can nominate their manager by email to Telework@CleanAirCampaign.org with a description in 100 words or less on why their manager should be chosen for the award.
- Tweet when you telework or attend one of the summits. Don’t forget to use #GaTeleworkWeek.
Now that you’ve got the knowhow to get involved in Georgia Telework Week, head on over to the pledge form and show your support.