Ditch your keys and go Car-Free on Sept 22
Are you someone who loves to drive, or someone who just does it because you think you have to? For one day, why don’t you challenge yourself to plan your travels without using your vehicle. On Friday, September 22, put your keys on the counter and don’t even think about them because it is International Car Free Day. You might find that commute alternatives are easier than you thought, so give it a try.
There are a ton of resources out there to help you take the one-day challenge:
- Maybe you want to ride a bike for the day- There are lots of resources out there that can help.
- If you live in Atlanta, check out their Relay Bike Share Program.
- If you live outside of Atlanta, check Zagster’s website to see other participating locations.
- Talk to your boss to see if teleworking is an option on that day.
- Visit the Georgia Commute Options site or download the app to find a potential carpool partner or explore other alternative options.
Check out a Car Free event happening around Atlanta
City of Decatur:
There will be a celebration at the Historic Old Courthouse Square from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Take the pledge to go car free to enter a raffle for two Decatur Wine Festival tickets.
Participants can join for information on alternative transportation options from GA Commute Options, the Lifelong Community Board, Decatur Active Living, the Emory Cliff Bus and more.
Visit www.decaturga.com/carfree for more info.