The Perfect Summer Staycation
Planning your perfect vacation this summer? You don’t need to go far—sometimes the best vacations can be found in your own backyard. Try a staycation this summer, and experience everything metro Atlanta offers. Check out our favorite fun activities and the best commute option to get you there:
- Stone Mountain Park- One of Georgia’s most popular attractions, Stone Mountain has a variety of family-friendly activities including hiking, interactive shows and mini golf. Carpool with friends and family or take MARTA there. MARTA even plans your trip to Stone Mountain for you.
- Atlanta Beltline- This 33-mile network of multi-use trails is a great place to walk, jog and bike. You can take a bus tour, walking tour, or bike tour!
- Piedmont Park- Metro Atlanta’s biggest city park, Piedmont Park has many summer attractions including bike paths, trails, playgrounds, a honey bee exhibit and an aquatic center. The park is a short walk from the Midtown MARTA station and Arts Center MARTA station. You can also rent Relay Bikes next to both stations.
- High Museum of Art- With more than 11,000 pieces of art, the High Museum is metro Atlanta’s premier art museum. Admission is free for Fulton County residents on the first Saturday of each month. The museum is across the street from the Arts Center MARTA station.
- Center for Puppetry Arts- Visit the museum, watch a show or participate in the Create-A-Puppet Workshop. It’s only a short walk from the Arts Center MARTA station.
For more information on commute options, visit http://gacommuteoptions.com/.