Tips for Staying Cool During Your Commute
All metro Atlantans know how hot summer can be in the city. As temps begin to rise, you don’t want to show up to work looking like a hot and sweaty mess. No matter what your commute looks like—walking, biking, driving or taking transit, here’s some tips for how to stay cool during your commute this summer.
- Start your day off with a warm shower- Cold showers actually cause your body temperature to rise to compensate for the cold, meaning when you get out of the shower you’ll warm up quickly.
- Stay hydrated- Drink a glass of water when you first wake up, and continue to hydrate throughout the day. If you’re feeling thirsty, that means you’re already dehydrated.
- Take your time- If you’re rushing to get ready for work, your body temp is going to rise. For these summer months try getting up a little earlier to give yourself more time to get ready and make your commute.
- Dress in light layers and bring extra clothes- This is especially important if you bike or walk to work. Wear layers to go from the hot outdoors into a frigid office.
- Invest in a small portable fan- This will come in handy if you arrive at work still hot from your commute. A small desk fan will do the trick to cool you down!
Cool down this summer and enjoy your commute. Find an option that works for you at www.GACommuteOptions.com.