Quick Start Guide to Logging Your Commute
Having trouble logging your commutes using Internet Explorer?
If you're using Internet Explorer and have access to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, we recommend logging your commute in those. Otherwise, you may check to see if your Internet Explorer is updated or operating in compatibility view.
To check for compatibility view, click on Tools and then Compatibility View Settings. Make sure MyGaCommuteOptions.com is NOT in your compatibility view websites, or select to remove it if necessary.
How to log your commute (Click to watch quick, instructional video):
- Step 1: After logging in, click on 'Log Your Commute' in the upper right area of the screen, or under 'My Profile' along the right hand side.
- Step 2: The mileage will automatically populate and 'Round Trip' will already be selected from the drop down menu. This will populate a green 'To Work' and a blue 'To Home' trip. You can adjust the number of miles each trip of your commute. Drag your commute mode to the 'Create a Template' box highlighted in the red box below.
- Step 3: Enter a name for your template and click the 'Save' button. Remember to make sure everything is correct before saving as the template cannot be edited. However, you can create new templates at any time.
- Step 4: The template will appear in a yellow bubble above your calendar.
- Step 5: Drag the template bubble to the individual calendar day to log.
- Step 6: To delete a template, or remove a trip, click the small red x.
- Step 7: Bookmark GaCommuteOptions.com to log and track your commute trips to and from work.
How to set up your log reminder and ridematch alerts:
- Step 1: After you log in, click the 'Match Alerts/Log Reminder' link under 'My Profile.'
- Step 2: For log reminders, select how you would like to receive them - either by email or on your mobile device.
- Step 3: Select the day(s) and time you would like to receive the reminders. Reminders may arrive later than requested time.
- Step 4: For ridematch alerts, check the 'Alert me' box if you would like to receive them and how you would like to receive the alerts - either by email or on your mobile device.
- Step 5: Press 'Save' at the bottom of the screen. Please note you can adjust these settings as often as you would like.
- Step 6: Bookmark GaCommuteOptions.com to log and track your commute trips to and from work.
Here are some tips on how to navigate through the new site:
- There isn't a save button when logging your commute. Your logging activity is automatically saved.
- If you see a small red x, it is to delete a commute trip. It is not an error.
- If you are a mobile or tablet user on the full site (versus the mobile site), you are not able to drag and drop your commute trip segments. Click here to access the mobile site.
- Want to make sure you receive any information about updates to the system? Send us your information here.
- Bookmark GaCommuteOptions.com to log and track your commute trips to and from work.
- Having trouble dragging your commute trips? Make sure to enable your Java Scripting to use the full features of this site.