Using Micro-Mobility During COVID-19
Rental scooters and bikes can be a good commute option if you’re traveling to work nearby. Here are some tips for using micro-mobility during COVID-19.
- Plan your route in advance
- Bring hand sanitizer or wipes to disinfect the scooter or bike prior to use – be sure to wipe down handlebars, locks, brakes, etc.
- Avoid touching surfaces wherever possible – use touchless pay options for scooter or bike rental if they are available to you
- Disinfect your scooter or bike again after you use it when you drop it off
- Bring a face mask in case you need to unexpectedly take transit or a shared commute
- If you provide a transit stipend or free parking, consider providing a similar stipend for those who use micro-mobility
- If possible, provide shower facilities for employees (and make sure they are properly disinfected per the CDC’s guidance)