Tips for Tackling all of your New Year’s Resolutions
As we get ready to ring in a new decade, it’s time to think about how you want your next year (or ten years!) to look. Maybe you want to land that promotion, finish school or buy a house. Or maybe you want to be more patient, work on improving the balance in your life or be a better friend. Or maybe it’s all of the above! No matter your goals this year, GCO wants you to know that you can do it! And we are here to help support you along the way.
That’s why we’ve compiled some ideas to help you accomplish some of those things on your resolutions list!
If you want to be more active:
- Try a classpass! You can get a 14-day free trial and test out classes all across your area from boxing to barre. If you aren’t inspired by running or a traditional gym, remember that you don’t need to do those things to stay fit and active! Find something that’s fun and you enjoy doing, and you’ll be much more likely to keep going.
- Try biking or walking to work, even part of the way. It can help to integrate some fitness into your regular commute routine and make starting your day with some activity a habit. You can even try finding a buddy to bike or walk with! You can have some fun hanging out with each other along the way and keep each other accountable.
If you want to better manage your finances and save more money:
- Practice drafting a budget. Even if you don’t keep up with it as well as you would like to, writing out a budget can help you get a sense of how much you think you need to be spending versus how much you are.
- Start using cash (when possible) to make your day-to-day purchases. Using cash can help you visualize how much you’re spending and makes sure that you’re more aware of how much is going out.
- Earn money for your clean commute. If you want to start commuting cleaner, or if you already are, there are tons of ways you can earn money with us! Check out our new app starting in January 2020 for new rewards, monthly gift card drawings and up to $150 if you swap from driving alone to a clean commute.
If you want to learn a new skill:
- Find an online course at Udemy. They offer thousands of online classes taught by professionals in their fields, from Excel to photography to mindfulness. They even have sweet deals around the holidays, with some classes costing as little as $12!
- Explore the activity vouchers we have on our new app! When you log you will earn points that you can use to get local discounts on everything from CrossFit to music lessons.
If you want to work on your work-life balance:
- Take your leave time – at least some of it! Each year, people in the U.S. forfeit over 200 million leave days. Leave time gives you dedicated time to spend with family, friends or just personal time to binge on your favorite streaming service. So, take a breather and spend some time on you!
- Take advantage of time you are already spending commuting. Swap out driving for taking a commute option that frees up some of your mental space! Biking, carpooling, taking transit or even scootering can give you time to dedicate to meditation, listening to your favorite album and generally decompressing.
- Try flexwork! If your workplace offers a flexwork program, consider participating. It can help push you to be more productive during your work hours, while freeing up some extra time or even days for you to spend time with family or accomplish your housekeeping goals.
Whatever your goals are, you’ve got this! And we at GCO are wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year!