Guaranteed Ride Home
Georgia Commute Options encourages all Atlanta commuters who have the ability to work from home to do so at this time. We recognize that for many, working from home is not an option. For now, we are continuing to offer our Guaranteed Ride Home reward.
For your safety and for that of your Uber driver, we encourage you to review Uber’s current operations as well as their health and safety tips.
As of February 2021, the U.S. Department of Transportation requires all riders and drivers to wear face masks during rideshares.
What is Guaranteed Ride Home?
If an unexpected event occurs, GCO members can redeem up to 4 rides home or to their car from work by Uber each year.
Users can now request the GRH through their account on the MyGaCommute website or the Ga Commute app.
The GRH program is available Monday through Friday between 9am EST and 9pm EST, excluding federal holidays.
How to Redeem
- Go to the Ga Commute app or navigate to MyGaCommuteOptions.com.
- Before redeeming a GRH ride, you’ll need to go to your account settings and make sure you have a phone number associated with your account and that you’ve enabled our system to send you text messages (you’ll be asked to verify this number by entering a code that is texted to you).
- Go to the GRH page and select “Redeem for 0 points” in green at the bottom of the page after reviewing the terms and conditions.
- Answer the fulfillment questions and select your email.
- You will receive a call from GCO staff to confirm the details of your ride.
- After confirming your ride details, the GCO staff member will schedule your Uber ride. Please note that if you need a GRH ride outside of the program’s hours of operation (M-F 9am EST – 9pm EST), you must request the ride within the program’s hours to have the GCO staff member schedule a ride for the time you need.
- You will receive a text message with your Uber’s information – including car description, driver name and license plate. You will also receive a link which will allow you to track your Uber but will not allow you to make any changes.
- Take your ride.
- Do you carpool, vanpool, ride transit, or bike to work?
- Are you unable to catch your normal ride home due to an unexpected illness, unscheduled overtime, sick child, etc.?
- Do you live or work in one of the following counties? Barrow, Bartow, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Newton, Paulding, Rockdale, Spalding, or Walton?
- Have you been a GCO member for more than 30 days?
Call 1-877-942-6784 (locally: 404-656-4270) for questions.